How to add home Solar Power in southern New Hampshire
HAREI members have successfully added Solar Photovoltaic electric generation to their homes (the same technology would work for businesses as well; some of the financial incentives are different).
Home Solar PV does make both financial and ecological sense in New Hampshire; see this example of a typical system, with the costs and payback.
HAREI Can Help
We can help with all the steps below; we are your neighbors and renewable energy enthusiasts who have created HAREI to encourage renewable energy adoption. We are organized to help you:
- Learn what you need to know to succeed by taking advantage of what we've learned installing many diverse systems throughout our area.
- Attend a HAREI information session to learn more about solar power here in NH
- Schedule a site review by HAREI
- Much of the review can be done online using Google Maps to evaluate the orientation of your roof. An on-site review is best for helping you to evaluate shading and any structural questions.
- Save money on the equipment for your system by using our ability to combine orders and get group discounts.
- Organize volunteers to help with the installation of your system in the style of an old-fashioned barn raising (we call them Solar Raisers).
Steps To Solar Power:
We've outlined the process we've followed, and can help you work through each of the steps:
Alternatives to the HAREI do-it-yourself method
Determine if your town has a SolarUpprogram
If your town has a SolarUp Program and the signup phase is still open, evaluate if this solution is the best for you. HAREI can help explain the benefits and costs of the SolarUp program versus a do-it-yourself project. If you choose to use SolarUp, then you don't need the rest of this guide and SolarUp will take care of the rest!