Steps To Solar Power Your Home or Business:
We've outlined the process and can help you work through each of the steps:
How to measure how much solar power you can get at your home or business, how it will offset what you pay for electricity, and what incentives are available.
Turn the measurements and goals you determine in your evaluation into a specific design you can build yourself with help from fellow HAREI members.
There's always some paperwork to do anything; this will guide you through how make it all go smoothly.
HAREI has relationships with two suppliers, and members can help locate the items that are generic enough to get at building supply stores.
Take advantage of the HAREI group system to get discounts when buying your system components, and use our volunteer organizing structure to share the work of installing the system.
How to get the final approvals you need to begin generating your own electricity and get the financial incentives that make it an even better deal.
HAREI Can Help
We can help with all the steps below; we are your neighbors and renewable energy enthusiasts who have created HAREI to encourage renewable energy adoption. We are organized to help you:
- Learn what you need to know to succeed by taking advantage of what we've learned installing many diverse systems throughout our area.
- Attend a HAREI information session to learn more about solar power here in NH
- Schedule a site review by HAREI
- Much of the review can be done online using Google Maps to evaluate the orientation of your roof. An on-site review is best for helping you to evaluate shading and any structural questions.
- Save money on the equipment for your system by using our ability to combine orders and get group discounts.
- Organize volunteers to help with the installation of your system in the style of an old-fashioned barn raising (we call them Solar Raisers).